AbGone is a product that, as the name suggests, targets the stubborn fat that collects around the waist. The manufacturers, Biotech research, claim that the product will rid the user of their pot belly without having to also diet or exercise.The information for AbGone is somewhat confusing. Most of the information available on the internet refers to the original AbGone, which seems to have at least three ‘official’ websites. However, it appears that this product has now been replaced with a new formula and renamed ‘AbGone Extra Strength’. It is not known exactly what makes the new formula so much more potent other than the addition of green tea extract and caffeine, two fairly potent stimulants not contained in the original. Whereas the original formula may have taken up to four weeks to work, the manufacturers claim that the extra strength formula starts working in as little as twenty minutes. In addition to this, it was found that not only can the user lose their stomach fat without dieting or exercise but studies showed they were actually able to eat more than before. Obviously, claims such as these may leave the consumer feeling somewhat suspicious and it should be noted that there have been complaints filed with the FTC against the makers of AbGone .
AbGone – Product Description
The original AbGone contains a proprietary blend of conjugated linoleic acid oil (derived from sunflower oil) otherwise known as CLA and three amino acids. Other added ingredients are dandelion root and leaf powder, a diuretic which causes water loss; vitamin C, zinc, and Chromium Polynicotinate, for regulating the blood sugar levels.CLA is an ingredient that is known to increase fat oxidation and boost muscle mass, whilst ‘interfering’ with the enzyme LPL which is responsible for storing fat. The Abgone website mentions studies on CLA that have been done at Yale, although these were separate from any research done on AbGone, and describes CLA as the ‘match that lights the fuse in fat’. Consumers should be aware that CLA can cause nausea in some users and therefore it is a good idea to take the AbGone gel caps with a meal as opposed to before, as recommended by the manufacturers. The site for AbGone original formula makes a point of stating that it contains no stimulants, something that is preferable for many consumers, although the caffeine content in the new formula is very high. It should be noted also that the gel caps contain a number of colouring additives and gelatin.
- The ingredients contained in AbGone have been proven to work in independent trials.
- The product burns fat without using Ephedra.
- There is a lot of information regarding AbGone through their website and on independent sites.
- The dosage is easy to follow (2 capsules twice a day).
- The original formula contains no stimulants.
- The company offers free packets of their ‘Protein Tastees’ snack product when ordering AbGone Extra Strength.
- Some of the claims made on the company website are exaggerated and unrealistic.
- No free trial of AbGone is offered.
- The product does not get good reviews or ratings on many independent dieting forums and websites.
- The Extra Strength formula contains high levels of caffeine.
- Some websites claim that the amounts of the active ingredients in AbGone are not high enough to be effective.
- Studies have shown that although initially effective, CLA stops working over time and can eventually cause weight gain.
AbGone – The Bottomline
It is very unlikely that any product will target one specific area i.e. the stomach and actually work without including a diet and exercise program. Although the ingredients in AbGone have been proven to work, the amounts in this product are nowhere near high enough to be effective and any rise in the metabolic rate would likely be due to the stimulant effect of the caffeine (in the Extra Strength formula) and the diuretic effect of the dandelion. At a cost of between $29.00 (original formula) and $49.00 (Extra Strength) any consumer would be better off spending the money on a more reputable product and definitely one with a money back guarantee.