- 3.00 / 5
Alpha-Fibe FBC: At a Glance
Alpha-Fibe binds fat, and prevents it from being stored. The company explains it as “covering” the fat in the similar way that “an M&M is covered with a candy shell.” The Wayne State University developed the FBC formula, and has been established that it has “promising benefits in weight maintenance and the reduction of blood lipids.” After successful testing on obese patients with type 2 diabetes, the formula was patented. The results were excellent, and although Alpha-Fibe was not mentioned by name, the results were mentioned on MSNBC and ABC.
The Alpha-Fibe website contains links to these statements and other declarations of FBC in the media. In general the Alpha-Fibe site is very easy to use and offers lot of information about their product and other products of Bio-Form Essentials Company. There’s a newer website available, which offers a better FAQ, and information about “attacks ads.” An advertisement produced by an adversary to dent the image of Alpha-Fibe. It would appear, from the newer site, that the product is now manufactured by ArtJen holdings, and not Bio-Form Essentials. But other than this and also giving it a new label it seems to be the same product.
Alpha-Fibe FBC: Facts
The active ingredient (Alpha-cyclodextrin), separates from other cyclodextrins and “traps fat,” absorbing then eliminating it. The pills also contain stearic acid, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide. The formula is free of laxatives or stimulants, and also does not contain appetite suppressants. The product should not be taken on a low fat diet, and works best with no dietary changes. But they maintain that taking Alpha-Fibe does not mean you can overeat and in case the user is taking a low-fat diet due to other medical problems, then they must see their doctor first. The suggested dosage is 3 tablets per day (with meals) for people who want to reduce up to 10lbs and 6 tablets per day (2 per meal) for those who wish to lose between 10-30lbs. The company stresses taking the tablets with water, and ensuring adequate intake of water.
Alpha-Fibe FBC: Positive Features
- Clinical studies have shown that the patented formula FBC is effective;
- A helpful website is provided and has an all inclusive FAQ segment;
- As you can see, there are customer photo testimonials shown;
- There’s an available list of calories in various foods. The information on these foods also includes the amount of fat that can be “bound” by Alpha-Fibe FBC.
Alpha-Fibe FBC: Negative Features
- This product only binds fat, and doesn’t suppress the appetite or provide thermogenic benefits;
- Alpha-Fibe may have some undesirable effects, such as flatulence. This may be especially pronounced if the user is on a low fat diet;
- Alpha-Fibe is not mentioned on any of the popular dieting forums or websites.
Alpha-Fibe FBC: Conclusion
There have been enough good things written about FBC to make its inclusion in Alpha-Fibe positive. Alfa-Fibe does not promise quick results; the average weight loss (assuming an intake of 2,000 calories/day) is estimated at 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. Expect to pay $39.95 for a month supply, which is in the middle of the price range for weight loss supplements. Potential buyers will no doubt be attracted to the patented, safe formula and lack of side effects.