Anyone looking for a completely comprehensive, personalized diet plan should take a look at the Diet.com website.
The diet program is accessed completely online and covers all aspects of weight loss, food and nutrition, fitness and exercise. Unfortunately because the site contains such a huge amount of information it is very hard to navigate with many of the sections leading to repeated information. However, it is well worth spending the time in order to read everything on offer.
Other free features on the site include diet and fitness tips, healthy recipes and information regarding the program’s experts, in particular Dr. Robert Kushner. He may be familiar to consumers as the author of the popular ‘Personality type diet’, which happens to be the basis for Diet.com’s program.
Diet.com – Product Description
Because the diet plan is so specific and based entirely on the user’s personality there is no concrete information as to the type of food allowed on the program or the exercise involved. Before starting the program, users must complete the lengthy diet personality test in order for the experts at Diet.com to determine what type of eater they are (following the guidelines in Dr. Kushner’s book) and then customize a personal weight loss program.
Although some of the information and features on Diet.com are available free of charge, anyone wanting to get the most out of this website needs to ‘upgrade’ to the premium account. It is by doing this that users can access advice from registered dieticians, e-mail Dr. Kushner personally, receive individual meal reviews and assessments and view workout demonstrations. Members are also strongly encouraged to participate in the community forums and ‘buddy’ systems where they can gain motivation and support from some of the 500,000 Diet.com subscribers.
- Diet.com provides everything a dieter needs in terms of support, weight loss tools and nutrition information
- Each diet plan is customized using the ‘Personality type’ diet test
- Members receive weekly e-mails
- The website offers some free information to non-subscribers
- The site links to an online store which sells a range of products from exercise equipment to nutrition bars and supplements
- Members can use the ‘Mobile Nutrition tool’ and receive texted nutritional information on restaurant meals
- Diet.com encourages physical activity as part of a weight loss program
Diet.com – Drawbacks
- Consumers must register in order to obtain information regarding the cost of the program
- To benefit from Diet.com, users need to upgrade to the Premium membership
- Dieters need to rely on their own willpower in order to stick to the plan
- All plans require an initial fee of $19.95
Diet.com – The Bottom Line
Diet.com would certainly be recommended if the consumer is willing to upgrade to the premium membership at a cost of $39.95 per month. However, for less cost, they could simply buy the ‘Personality diet’ book, complete the quiz and follow the advice accordingly.