Dr. Bob Arnot’s Revolutionary Weight Control Overview
Dr. Arnot is a well-respected medical professional who, in addition to having worked as NBC’s medical correspondent has also produced a number of books regarding weight, health and survival.
Dr. Bob Arnot’s Revolutionary Weight Control is a book that approaches weight loss from a more scientific stand point. He suggests using food almost as a medication, manipulating it in order to control our mood, as well as our weight.
Although there is no official website for this diet plan, the original book is still available from online retailers such as Barnes and Noble and Amazon, where customer reviews can be viewed. The book costs between $10.00 – $15.00 depending on retailer, or even less if bought used (which many sites offer).
The basic idea of the Weight Control Program is that the dieter uses a ‘feedforward’ plan, meaning that rather than simply eating when hungry, they stave of hunger and possible cravings by eating small meals at set points during the day.
Dr. Bob Arnot’s Revolutionary Weight Control – Product Description
Dr. Arnot suggests eating 3 meals and 3 snacks throughout the day, and concentrating mainly on food that is absorbed slowly, thus giving a feeling of fullness for a longer period of time. Foods that will result in this are what Arnot calls ‘hard’ foods, i.e. chewy, fibrous foods with a low glycemic index. He also recommends making the first meal of the day consist mainly of protein, and then continuing throughout the day with high fiber, ‘good’ carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables, with limited amounts of red meats and moderate amounts of dairy.
Although there are no foods that are specifically prohibited from this plan, Dr. Arnot suggests that eating a fairly monotonous diet (i.e. sticking to the same food all the time) rather than a wide variety of food will actually result in weight loss ( a fact that has been scientifically proven in independent studies).
The Weight Control Program encourages the use of exercise as part of its plan and suggests the types of exercise that raise the metabolism and burn fat, which generally means any form of cardio fitness.
Dr. Bob Arnot’s Revolutionary Weight Control Advantage
- There are no special food items or exercise equipment needed for the plan
- Dr. Bob Arnot is a respected professional and author of a number of well-received books
- The diet is designed to curb cravings and hunger, plus elevate the mood
- The book can be purchased for a very reasonable price
- The daily meal plans provide a good amount of calories per day (approximately 1600-1800)
- The book and diet plan have received very good independent consumer reviews
Dr. Bob Arnot’s Revolutionary Weight Control – Drawbacks
- There is very little information on the internet regarding this diet plan
- Some consumers have found the diet hard to follow and inconvenient
- The diet may become very monotonous over time
- No personal support or community discussion boards are available
Dr. Bob Arnot’s Revolutionary Weight Control – The Bottom Line
Although Dr. Arnot is definitely qualified to give health and diet advice, his Revolutionary Weight Control Program would probably be too inconvenient to follow for any great length of time. The plan does make a lot of sense in terms of staving off hunger however, eating to such a strict schedule would certainly take much of the pleasure out of eating and ultimately be counterproductive to the ‘mood elevating’ effect it is supposed to create.