Whether it is a quick walk, evening walk, brisk walk, or walk for a job, it is very good and beneficial exercise to lose weight. Moreover, it does not require any expertise and you can do it anytime you feel like. However to be advantageous, you should do it on a regular basis.
Instructions for a healthy walk:
Heat up exercises:
Prior to you start off with walking, do some light warm up workout.
- Start with a simple mild targets, like 15 to 20 minutes at a slow speed.
- Step by step lengthen the duration and also the speed.
- Walk up one or two low steep inclines.
- Your walk should be embraced of three segments: warm-up, exercise pace and cool-down.
Walk in a proper manner:
- Walking with your chin up, face straight, and your shoulders held slightly back.
- The heel of your foot should touch the ground first. Push your body weight forward.
- Have a full swing of your arms when you walk.
- To avoid stiff muscles or joints, start slowly but surely. As time passes by, begin walking faster, going further, and walking for longer periods of time.
- Make sure you walk on soft muddy ground.
- In the end hydrate yourself by drinking 8-10 ounces of water.
- Always walk in the day light or if in night, walk in well-lighted region.
- Try to walk in a group most of the time.
- Alert your local police station of your group’s walking time and route.
- Do not wear expensive ornaments.
- Do not wear music ear piece.
- Be aware of your ambiance.
- Put on shoes with wide flexible soles that will cushion your feet and absorb shock.
- Wear clothes that are suitable for the season. Cotton clothes for the summer help to keep you cool by absorbing sweat and allowing it to evaporate. Layer your clothing in the winter, and as you warm up, you can take off.
- The more you walk, the better you will feel. You will also burn more calories and shed your weight.
- Walking will keep you energized, make you feel fine, help you to relax, lessen stress, facilitate you to sleep superior, tone your muscles, help control your appetite.
- To lose weight, it’s more important to walk for time than maintaining pace.
- Walking at a fair pace yields longer workouts with less soreness.
- Make walking a daily routine or at least 3-5 times a week depending on your schedule.
Advantage of walking:
- Maintain your good health of heart.
- Boost up your energy.
- Recovers your sleep.
- Keeps your bones healthy.
Discuss with a Doctor:
- Discuss with your doctor before you start walking.
- Ensure whether you have a condition or physical reason that might interfere with walking.