The Sedona Method Overview
The Sedona Method is a form of self-help therapy designed to assist in a variety of mental and physical problems, including weight loss.
Developed by the late physicist Lester Levenson over 30 years ago, The Sedona Method claims to have been responsible for helping thousands of people through its seminars, retreats (at the Sedona Creative Life Center in Sedona, Arizona) and online courses.
The Sedona Method website is extremely comprehensive and covers all major areas of the subject, almost to the point where there is too much information to be properly absorbed. In addition to explaining at length what The Sedona Method is, it also has many testimonials from past customers and some very renowned professionals, many of whom are also self-help authors (for example the co-founder of the ‘Chicken Soup’ series and the author of ‘Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus’). Many of the testimonials are presented in video or audio presentations as are introductions and sample seminars from the Sedona Method co-founder Hale Dworskin.
Many consumer questions are answered in the FAQ section, which is broken up even further into more specific areas found in the ‘How can it help me’ section. It is here that the consumer can find information on how The Sedona Method can assist in both the physical and psychological barriers dieters come up against. It gives just enough information to give the reader a good idea of how it can help, without obviously revealing the ‘secret’ method.
The Sedona Method – Product Description
The Sedona Method is available in a variety of forms, from personal training sessions, week log retreats, and through the online at home training course. In addition to information regarding the upcoming seminars and retreats, the website offers training courses for those who wish to become a ‘Sedona Method’ coach, and links to finding an individual Method trainer in one’s area.
The home training course consists of 20 audio CDs, a 198-page workbook and unlimited 24 hour support. In addition to this, the customer is given two bonuses – a 2-hour seminar DVD and a copy of the best-selling original ‘The Sedona Method‘ book. If desired, the customer is also given access to the ‘World Release Community’. Much like a community forum and discussion board, it includes Hale Dwoskin’s personal blog and his regular live ‘web chats’.
The cost of the home training course is $388.00 and has a 180-day 100% money back guarantee.
The Sedona Method Advantage
- The Sedona Method has been established for over 30 years
- There are good independent consumer reviews of The Sedona Method
- The website is extremely informative and comprehensive
- The site features a FAQ section and many customer testimonials
- Customers are provided with 24-hour personal support
- The Sedona Method claims to aid weight loss and improve general self esteem
- The site provides articles from The Sedona Method newsletters
- The course has a 180-day money back guarantee
- The Sedona Method is endorsed by many self-help professionals
The Sedona Method – Drawbacks
- The Sedona Method has not been proven to help dieters lose weight
- The website does not promote diet or exercise
- Independent consumers have found the 20 CD course too lengthy and inconvenient
- The Sedona Method should not be used in place of professional therapy if required
- The home training course is expensive
- The site is very complicated with too many links
The Sedona Method – The Bottom Line
Anyone considering trying the Sedona Method would need a lot of will and determination in order to succeed, despite the offer of personal support. Most people would find it extremely hard to overcome major problems simply by using a self-help CD, and it certainly should not be used as an alternative to professional one-on-one therapy if that is what’s needed.
It would be advisable, and much more affordable for the consumer to start by buying The Sedona Method book before taking a chance on the home training course.