Dieting is never a fun thing to look forward to, except for the hoped for end results that is! No one wakes up in the morning, anxious to deny themselves of the foods the love and exercise for an hour. However, it is necessary to diet and exercise to lose weight and most of us in America need to shed some pounds – there is a reason why we are known as the fattest country in the world! If you are thinking of going on a diet, I would encourage you not to spend money paying for a diet program. What to you think will happen when you come off of the program and stop eating their foods? Many people gain their weight back again after going off a diet and a lot of these people actually gain back more than they lost in the first place!
Eating well and exercising regularly is the best way to lose weight, get fit and stay that way. If you do it right, this method of dieting can really work for you, and if you continue with your good eating habits, you will never gain the weight back. If you put it in your mind that you are not dieting, but instead, you are changing your lifestyle, then you will have a much better chance at succeeding and reaching your weight loss goals. Diets are temporary, but a lifestyle change is permanent.
Here is a list of good, healthy foods you can eat that will help your body shed the excess pounds:
- Fruit: Don’t worry about what you’ve heard about all the sugar in fruit; eat away at it. Fruit only contains natural sugars, and the body does not process them in the same way as it does with sugar from carbs.
- Veggies: If you eat them raw, you will benefit much more from them. Raw vegetables have more nutrients and vitamins in them, and your body actually burns more calories digesting raw veggies as opposed to cooked ones. The more you cook your vegetables, the fewer vitamins they contain as well.
- Oatmeal: This breakfast food is high in fiber and is a natural appetite suppresser. It will keep your stomach full for longer than any other breakfast food.
- Fish: Dieticians recommend eating fish at least 2 times a week for weight loss and health purposes. Try to stick to fish such as salmon, tuna and sardines, because they contain a fat burning hormone that will really help to melt your unwanted fat.
- Spices: Don’t be fooled into thinking you have to eat bland foods to lose weight. There are a lot of spices that will not only make your food taste better, but help your body burn fat as well. Some of these include, pepper, garlic, cinnamon and dried chili peppers.
- Lean protein: Protein is much more filling than carbohydrates and the leaner the better. You are trying to lose fat – you don’t want to keep adding more fat through your meat!